Monday, September 5, 2011

74 more hours...


The season is upon us. I didn't do a draft recap because I've been too busy searching the interweb for awesome pictures of balls hitting men's asses, but I have noticed that there's been some free agent activity recently. 
--Cody decided to add Tavaris Jackson at the expense of Deion Branch. I hate Tavaris with a passion, but he is a starting qb, which means something. And...Cody paid all of $0 to get him (which is $3 less than he paid for Deion Branch during the draft). 
--I decided to pick up Lance Hendricks, because he is going to be awesome (trust me).  I love having 2 TE's.  I might even start 2 in week one (that's hammond style for those of you who remember).  
--The only other owner active in the free agent auction process has been Dois, and I'm going to make fun of him. First, he added Vince Young. Vince Young is a shitty fantasy player who has a reputation for "just winning football games." However, I have to forgive this addition because Dois decided to draft Vick...so insurance is needed. Next, Dois decided to add John Beck. I would have applauded this pickup until today, when the headline"Rex Grossman to start vs. Giants" scrolled across the ESPN ticker. Now, he's just a backup homer pick for the Nova native. On Aug 28th, Dois made the choice to pickup Antonio Brown.. I'm sure Dois was watching Pitt's 3rd preseason game the previous night when Antonio exploded for 137 yards received and 2 td's. Not wanting to be outbid, Dois bid and won Antonio for $2 in the next morning's free agent auction, forgetting that no sane person actually watches any preseason football (no one else bid).

I can't wait for the season to start, bitches.

-Will

    No comments: