Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fucking Filtering Software

So, I can't access yahoo fantasy OR Espn fantasy on my computer at school because of filtering software. So, the game writeups won't happen until thursday or Friday. Oddly enough, I can still access our old uberleague through cbssportsline.com. Apparently, they don't care that we didn't pay. I imagine our league will be deleted at some point, but right now, we have the same teams as last year and we just played our first games. Well, we did have the same teams. Because I'm a huge dork, I used my commish powers to make some changes to Vagina Dentata.
1. I added Tom Brady from the waiver wire (only fair since I drafted him last year).
2. Larson was kind enough to trade me Adrian Peterson for Eli Manning.
3. Steuber gave up Larry Fitzgerald in exchange for Lavernaues Coles.
4. Dekker traded me Calvin Johnson for Lance Moore.

Since this site is the only one I can access from work, I imagine I'll be paying more attention to my fake uber team than my real one this year. If you want to see how you're "old" team is doing:
http://lcm.football.cbssports.com/
UPDATE: I found out Bardey added a kicker because his old one was out of football. I'm not the only dork.
Will

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fake fantasy league ... this is like your imaginary friend having an imaginary friend.
-Dekker

Big Cat said...

Dekker, I would like you to know that I laughed out loud during my WWII film elective when I read your comment. My students were watching the british film "One of our aircraft is Missing," and they all stopped and stared at me. Thanks for disrupting my class...dick.

dois said...

can't believe the nuge stole my kicker's spot. i hate that fucker. still beat the big cat in week 1 before he had to go and cheat.

yt42 said...

Yeah, cheating's no good. If we want to have a serious talk about a bunch of shit that never mattered in the first place, I think we should at least base that talk on the actual imaginary scores and not altered ones.
Also, don't you know the IT guys at the school Big Cat? Tell them to hook you up.

Big Cat said...

Unfortunately, it's not a school decision. The sites are blocked from the central office. There are ways around it (proxy servers, remote management of my home computer, etc), but if I'm caught trying to circumvent filtering software, I get fired. So...probably not worth it. But I was thinking about starting a fantasy football club next year. Maybe they would unblock one site to let that happen.

Commandant Lassard said...

shoaf, if you're going to do a blog like this, at least take the time to figure out how to link text instead of just typing it and making us cut and paste. they make it pretty ridiculously easy for you.

dois said...

oh snap, shoaf! he told you.

Big Cat said...

I'm learning, Sovic. Give me time.