Friday, October 1, 2010

Final Power Predictions/rankings/thingies...part 3.


Katie's bringing home our 3 legged dog tomorrow.  Even though it's only a "trial", we have decided to name him Abbott. My idea;  I thought it was fitting considering the missing appendage.  We have 5 teams left.  Here it goes.
Teams 3-5 are in the "almost as good as Bardey and Will tier."

5.  Hung like Blagoyavich's Jury 2-1 -- 301.9 pts (Larson, 11th in post draft rankings)
At first, I thought Larson belonged in the lower tier.  I didn't think his team was that good.  However, I noticed that he had HUGE days from bench players (which would have put his total pts a lot higher) two weeks in a row.  Gore has been solid,  Romo is finally scoring some points and Hillis looks to be a great pickup (despite the fact that I mocked it heavily at the time).  So, I decided that he did deserve to be in the "almost winner" tier.  However, Javid Best has Turf Toe, Calvin Johnson hasn't been good with stafford out, and Pierre Thomas is missing practices.  so...he gets to be at the bottom of these rankings.

4.  Dr. Teeth n the electric mayhem  2-1  --  310.8 pts (Sovic, 3 in post draft rankings)
Things I love about Viche's team:  Rivers, Boldin, Pitt D, and Cooley have been amazing.  Flacco hasn't performed up to expectations (but last week might have broken him out of the slump), and everyone's talking about MJD's mysterious injury that much be affecting him.  However, I think Lance Moore and Tolbert were nice waiver pickups.  In addition, Jacoby Jones and Jstew are capable backups on his bench (maybe not jstew, but carolina is sure to relearn how to rush the ball again at some point).  Sovic's only loss was against Dois in week 2, and he absolutely exploded last week with 128.5 pts.  Also, Sovic, I love your comments about power rankings.  Maybe these aren't power rankings.  I don't know.  But I love you.

3.  Team Dekker  1-2  327.8 pts (8 in th post draft rankings)
Yeah, I know Dekker is 1-2.  But man, has his team been explosive recently.  In week one, he only put up a measley 70ish pts and lost.  In week two, he scored 115, but lost to the explosive Fat Wolverine.  In week 3, he put up 140 and would not be denied a victory (and he trashed hoosgow, which always makes me happy). He got rid of his deangelo83 albatross and added some good complimentary pieces (god I love jermichael Finley).  However, he's mostly been riding Aaron rodgers (20.7 avg) and Vick (25.9 avg).  They've both been sensational.  I was going to write something witty about Vick and Espn here, but Viche already beat me to it.  You can check it out here.  It's in the 3rd writeup from the top.

2.  Wolverine's Fat Brother 3-0 -- 338.3 pts (1 in the post draft rankings)
1.  London's Lackeys 3-0 --  359 pts (7 in the post draft rankings.

Yeah, Dois and I are number 1 and 2.  We're the only 3-0 teams.  Instead of writing specifically about how awesome we are (although I've alluded to it previously), I encourage all of you to describe our teams in the comments.  I expect something grand...(and I'm sure beb will make a gay joke).

Good Luck in week 4.

2 comments:

dois said...

stop being so gay for me, shoaf

Big Cat said...

I don't know how to quit you.