Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 3...the rest



Sovic, I'm sorry I always save your writeup for the second half. I still love you, and I thought of an old story that made me chuckle (I might have written about it before in years past). The other day, my students were talking about all the kids who are sick (swine flu has taken over our school), and some of them have had bad nausea. Someone mentioned drinking red gatorade and throwing up red. What did I think of? The amazing unproductive trip to Kings Dominion in college. The night before Souts, you, and I (was someone else there?) planned to go to King's Dominion, I believe you decided to stay up all night drinking rum. The next morning, we grabbed slurpees (you chose to mix all the flavors) and hit the road. We got to King's Dominion...and it was closed. On our dejected ride back, you were silent until you simply mouthed the words "Pull over." You repeated it with more urgency, "PULL OVER." Then, on the shoulder of Interstate 64, you puked the most colorful vomit I've ever seen in my life. Good times...and good memories.

Who Dat Ninja 82 Smoke your self thin 73
Ahhh, the monday night disappointment. I guess there was an off chance that Sovic was going to hold onto this win, but with Blick's Romo and Williams combining for 21 on Monday night, Sovic was Toast. The worst part of this matchup? SOVIC FORGOT TO PUT IN A DEFENSE. Not Joe, not Trey...Sovic. I could harp on this point quite a bit, but he's completely mortified. So I will just say this: Sovic, I don't mean to make fun of your employment situation, but you don't have a job right now. The only thing you have to keep track of is fantasy. There's no excuse. As far as the actual matchup, not much happened. Desean was Sovic's high scorer (21), and Cotchery carried Blick's team with 17. Blick, congrats on your fast start. Sovic, it looks like both of our teams suck.

I am Dr. Galazkiewic 89 Caesar live here? 74
Larson, your team motto right now is, "My team is horrible. Horrible." Well, maybe it should say your team was horrible. Because you had pretty good week. Six of your nine starters scored at least 12 points! That's awesome. The only thing that kept you from being the high scorer this week was the shit nuggets your other players left. TO with 0, Chris Henry with 1, and LJ with 1 is simply awful. Dekker, you're lucky Peyton is awesome (30 pts), or else you would really, really suck. Good luck with your continued march into crapitude.

Bromantic Ballsquad 89 Pitchman 79
Steuber! Thank you for taking down one of our undefeated teams. Whiteford needed someone to take him down a notch. He just got engaged, and he's on his final march to completing his Phd (maybe by early next year). He can't be good at fantasy as well. Looking at the box score, nothing really stands out that much. 19 from Reggie Wayne was nice for Steuber, and Vincent Jackson (13) has really become a star this year. Whiteford: unfortunately, when you draft Purple Jesus, you need him to score in high double figures every week to win. Since he only managed 9 pts against fucking San Fran (which might have a better D than I thought), Pitchman was going down.

Week 4 thoughts:
Joe, on principle, I never root for the hated hoosgow. But for the sake of parity, kick bardey's ass this weekend (prob not going to happen).
Dekker: I plan on stabbing you like a South American robber this week.
Beb: You need a victory over Trey. It's past time for you to get revenge for the Ruby incident.
As for the rest of the matchups, I don't have a vested interest either way (because I haven't lost to the rest of you yet).
Whiteford vs. Larson: you guys don't even know each other.
Sovic vs. Lenny: I hope to see you both of you catching up on the smack board
Blick vs. Steuber: Hey, you're both married now. Talk about that.

Good luck in week 4, boys.

6 comments:

Commandant Lassard said...

is it possible that the night before that trip was the stay-awake-off between me and beb? if so that is a wonderful little package of college memories in probably a 12-hour span. i remember standing on my bed and dancing around to the ludacris 'throw them 'bows' song to prove how awake i was.
as for the king's dominion trip, i believe that dick was the unknown fourth.

Big Cat said...

Oh yeah. it was Dick. I don't think the stay awake off was with Beb, because we were living on the third floor (which would be my 4th year). Beb would have been living in the woods with Inches to Flood. You know, we definitely did some dumb shit, but I have great memories of most of it (even when dick threw up on things).

the beb said...

sadly, i don't think the stay awake off was with me either. we can pretend though, just tell me the story so i'll know what i did.

as for my matchup with trey, it would take a thousand victories to even things out for the ruby incident, but i told him on the phone if he loses to me in the championship i will consider forgiveness.

Commandant Lassard said...

looks like the stay-awake-off was probably trey. i would ask trey himself, but the last time i asked him if he remembered an interaction with me, that happened only like a year ago, he 1) refused to answer the first five times i asked and 2) only came up with a "sounds right" when he finally did answer. i'm not hopeful that he'll remember one drunken night in 2001.

dois said...

hey i remember that last story sovic told! in the mega chat! that was so uber. i clearly missed the stay awake off because i lived downstairs in the dave swain room. and also because i go to bed at 9:30. but i did enjoy laughing at you guys getting back from KD without even riding the rebel yell backwards once. suckers.

Big Cat said...

I love Kings Dominion. I was always a big fan of the Shockwave. Standing up! it was so state of the art.